Oil on paper . 17cm x 24cm . 2017
SOFIA MASCATE 1995 - Abrantes, Portugal.
EDUCATION AND ARTISTIC PATH:
- Lives and works in Lisbon;
- Degree in Painting by the Faculty of Fine Arts of the University of Lisbon (2013-2017);
- Started the masters program in Fine Arts at the Hoschule für
Bildende Künste Hamburg (2017-2019);
- In 2016, participated in an artistic residence by the EDP Foundation, at the Center for Contemporary Art Studies of Vila Nova da Barquinha;
- In 2017, Sofia Mascate is awarded the "Young Talent Scholarship" grant to participate in the International Summer Academy for Fine Arts and Media in Venice under the mentorship of Andrzej Welminski. This experience culminated in an exhibition at Palazzo Zenobio;
- Also participated in a few collective exhibitions such as "Small Formats" in the Monumental Gallery, "Artis" in the House of Culture of Seia and "12x12" in the Ateliê da Travessa.